The EFA program provides:
- up to twelve (12) weekly grocery bags in a twelve (12) month period each containing perishable and nonperishable food items sufficient to make up to 21 meals or one week of groceries.
- also included is a list of suggested menu ideas using the bag contents set up in a weekly format.
- HIV+ residents of San Diego County are eligible.
- Access to the EFA is through a referral from a County of San Diego case manager who completes the one page referral form and faxes it to Mama’s Kitchen.
- There is no income restriction for eligibility.
- All supporting documents are retained by the referring case manager.
- Once a referral has been made, the client may pick up the EFA bags at Mama’s Kitchen Monday through Friday between 10am and 4pm.
- Questions regarding the EFA may be directed to Gigi Cantin, Director of Programs at 619-233-6262 or email@example.com.