Mama’s Kitchen Inc.
Job Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Mama’s Kitchen is a nonprofit organization that believes that everyone is entitled to the basic necessity of life: nutritious food. As a community driven organization, Mama’s Kitchen provides nutrition support to men, women, and children affected by AIDS or cancer who are vulnerable to hunger. You are invited to visit our website and become familiar with our work: www.mamaskitchen.org.
Mama’s Kitchen is in search of a qualified individual to fill the Director of Development position. This position supports the mission of Mama’s Kitchen by providing strategic leadership; supervising department staff; planning, managing and executing the agency’s fundraising programs as they relate to major donors and other contributors; foundation and corporate giving; and special events. The Director of Development plays a key role in identifying and soliciting potential resources needed to execute the mission of Mama’s Kitchen. This position works closely with the executive director.
- Develop and implement short term and long term strategic plans for the Development Department for all related fundraising and marketing activities.
- Oversee and provide strategic leadership and direction to the Development Manager, Marketing Coordinator and Development Coordinator.
- Responsible for the overall strategy and execution of securing major gifts including short and long-range planning, donor relations and data management.
- Ensure success of Mama’s annual fundraisers Mama’s Day, Pie in the Sky, and other fundraising events; and assist board of directors in the execution and planning of annual board fundraiser Presidential Dining Experience.
- Responsible for the overall strategy and execution of the planned giving program including short and long-range planning, donor relations, and data management.
- Oversee all public relations and marketing activities. Work with public relations consultants on all agency related public relations activities. Contribute to the planning and production of the annual report and periodic newsletters.
- The ideal candidate will exemplify the Mama’s Kitchen Core Values: dignity and respect, reliability, integrity, diversity, and team work.
Other Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the implementation, management and evaluation of the direct mail program including the preparation of data for all mailings; and the preparation and submittal of accurate reports as required.
- Responsible for development, implementation, management and evaluation of the corporate giving program, the Bread & Butter monthly contribution program, and all activities related individual contributors including donor stewardship and recognition programs.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the Development Manager in the solicitation grants from private and corporate foundations. Review of all grants prior to submittal.
- Management of the Raiser’s Edge database for the appropriate collection of information and the generation of required and informative agency reports. Provide assistance and training to other members of staff.
- Monthly reconciliation with Finance on donations; annually prepare development schedules for audit.
- Work with Development Committee chair to establish goals and activities of the committee.
- Actively participate in leadership and staff meetings.
- Support other areas of operation, as needed basis.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree or CFRE certification a plus.
- Minimum 5 years development experience;
- Minimum 2 years experience in the areas of major gifts and planned giving;
- Experience working the nonprofit arena.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional ability to effectively interact with a broad range of constituents that include donors, volunteers, community leaders, co-workers, and the board of directors.
- A collaborative team player is essential.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software programs is required
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office programs, WordPress, web-based programs and other relational databases.
- Demonstrable compatibility with the core values of Mama’s Kitchen.
Standard work week is 40 hours; however, employees are expected to work any additional time necessary to meet deadlines and complete assignments. Evenings and weekends may be required.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits, in accordance with personnel policies, include vacation, paid holidays, sick time, a 401k matched plan; and medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter (including salary requirements)
- References (at least 3 professional references)
No phone calls, please. Position open immediately and will remain open until filled.
Mama’s Kitchen is an Equal Opportunity Employer