Our Number One Priority is the Safety of our Clients, our Supporters, our Volunteers and our Staff Members
Since the start of COVID-19 we have implemented additional safety measures and modified our delivery practices to initiate a “no contact” delivery process to reduce person to person contact, while also following food safety procedures, and the same will apply to all Pie related activities. All of the below listed procedures will be implemented and communicated across all areas where Pie activities take place including but not limited to Mama’s Kitchen and any off-site pick-up and logistics sites.
Tracking: All volunteers and employees must sign in and out with their name and timestamp.
Screening: Temperature checks will be taken at all times when volunteers or employees enter or exit any pie location.
Safety & Hygiene:
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all locations.
- Gloves will be provided for all volunteers and employees and will be required to be worn at all times.
- Safety signage will be displayed at all facilities to instruct: a) How many people are allowed to be in each space at a time and b) Maintain 6 feet distance between each other.
- Gloves and masks must be worn at all times.
- Tape will be placed on the floor to assist with social distancing when appropriate.
- When applicable, at least 60 minutes will be scheduled between volunteer shift, to allow for cleaning of all surfaces. Surfaces will be sprayed and allowed to dry, not wiped down.
Pie Box Handling:
- We will provide instructions to each donating bakery on safe box delivery, management and storage.
- All pies will be sealed by their respective bakers prior to Mama’s Kitchen picking them up.
Pie Pick-Up Sites:
- All public pie pickup sites will be drive through only.
- Pickup will be no contact – further instructions will be sent to all pie buyers prior to pickup date.
- All volunteers, staff and pie buyers must wear a mask at all times during this process.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding these guidelines, please contact Silvia at firstname.lastname@example.org.