Mama’s Kitchen has partnered with Aetna Better Health of CA, Blue Shield and Health Net to provide two nutritious meals a day for up to 12 weeks to qualifying Medi-Cal members.
Please click here to view our sample menu.
Clients must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have at least one of the conditions below:
- Chronic conditions: such as diabetes, congestive heart failure, stroke, chronic lung disorders, HIV, cancer, gestational diabetes, chronic or disabling mental/behavioral health disorders
- Recently discharged from hospital or skilled nurse facility.
- At risk of hospitalization or nursing facility placement
- Extensive care coordination needs
- Must be a resident of San Diego County.
- Cannot receive other meal delivery services from local, state, or federally funded programs.
How to refer people
Individuals must be referred by a medical case manager, medical social worker or provider. Additionally, the referral form must be signed by a medical provider.
- Health Plan Referral Form: Once completed , email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 619-233-6283. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
For more information about how to qualify for services visit out Get Help page or contact Pamela De Leon, Bilingual Client Services Outreach Coordinator, at email@example.com or by phone at 619-314-5789
If you need to connect with your Health Plan provider please click on appropriate link:
Aetna Better Health of CA https://www.aetnabetterhealth.com/california/index.html
Blue Shield https://www.blueshieldca.com/
Health Net http://www.healthnet.com/