This recipe will WHISK you off your feet!
Valentine’s Day has always been a day of showing love. In our attempts to spread the spirit of St. Valentine to our clients, our very own Executive Chef Jason in collaboration with our Registered Dietitians concocted the PERFECT Valentine’s day treat. They are diabetic-friendly, moderated, nutritious, and REALLY tasty! Don’t believe us? Try it for yourself! Just make sure to tag us on Facebook or Instagram with your cookies!
- 1 ½ cup Flour
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1⁄3 cup Buttermilk
- 5tsp Red Food Coloring
- 4tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cup Lakanto Sugar Free Monkfruit Sweetener
- ¾ cup White Choc Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together Flour, Cocoa, Baking Soda, and Salt.
- In a smaller bowl, mix butter (melted and cooled), milk, red color, and vanilla.
- Add Lakanto Sweetener to the smaller bowl and mix until creamy and well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until combined. Make sure to not over mix the dough.
- Fold white chocolate chips into the dough.
- Portion into sizeable balls and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Be careful to not overbake!
- The result should be a crisp outer shell that encases the gooeyness of the cookie! The texture will be reminiscent of a brownie. Enjoy!
Makes 18-24 cookies depending on size!