MEDIA/EVENT ADVISORY – FRIDAY, MAY 6
San Diego’s Top Chefs Celebrate Mama’s Kitchen at 25th Annual Mama’s Day in La Jolla
More than 55 local restaurants, hotels and catering companies participating; 600 guests expected to attend.
WHAT: Mama’s Day 2016. Join us as more than 55 restaurants, hotels and catering companies come together for an evening of music, food and fun for Mama’s Kitchen, a non-profit organization which prepares and delivers nutrition-specific meals free of charge to men, women and children affected by AIDS or cancer throughout San Diego County. Mama’s Day is always held the Friday evening before Mother’s Day, and supports Mama’s Kitchen’s belief that every person is entitled to the basic necessity of life – nutritious food. More than 600 guests are expected to attend the annual fundraiser.
General admission tickets for Mama’s Day 2016 are $175 at the door. Pre-sale tickets are available for $150. A limited number of premium VIP tickets are available at $250 per person.
WHERE: Hyatt Regency La Jolla at The Aventine
3777 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92122
WHEN: Friday, May 6, 2016 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
BEST TIME TO COVER: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. during VIP pre-party/event opening.
INTERVIEWS AND VISUALS:
- The VIP Reception features Chef Bernard, executive chef, The Marine Room, who will treat guests to an exclusive and interactive culinary presentation.
- More than 55 of San Diego’s top chefs from all areas of the county personally mingle with and serve guests savory and sweet selections, many especially created just for the evening.
- Guests will bid on an extensive silent auction.
- Alberto Cortés, executive director, to speak about the need for support of meal delivery service for clients affected by AIDS or cancer. He can also talk about the impact of Mama’s Kitchen over the past 25 years. Cortés is also fluent in Spanish.
- An estimated 600+ guests showing their support for Mama’s Kitchen.
YOUR DAY OF ON-SITE/MEDIA CONTACT: Scatena Daniels Communications