Mama’s Kitchen prepares three nutritious meals for every day of the year and delivers them to our clients’ homes, free of charge.
Meals are delivered to their dependent children, too.
How to refer people
Individuals must be referred by a medical case manager, medical social worker or provider. Additionally, the referral form must be signed by a provider. Ongoing client contact by the referral source is required in order to re-certify client eligibility for services every six (6) months.
- Cancer Referral Form: Once completed, fax it to us at 619.233.6283. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Clients must meet the following eligibility qualifications:
- Client must be mentally or physically unable to prepare meals for themselves
- A current diagnosis letter identifying the type of cancer must be provided by a physician
- Client must be a resident of San Diego County
- Client must provide documentation of current income
Meals are delivered on Tuesdays and Fridays within a 2-hour delivery window arranged with the client.
Mama’s Kitchen has a six-week menu cycle which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. The menu follows the American Dietetic Association recommendations and is approved by a Registered Dietitian. We offer 19 menu variations to meet clients’ individual nutritional needs, such as low salt, diabetic, lactose free, vegetarian and soft.
Funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) through the County of San Diego, Health and Human Services Agency.
This project is funded in whole or in part with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program funds provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Mama’s Kitchen, Inc. is a San Diego nonprofit, tax exempt 501(c)3 charity organization.