In 2020, Mama’s Kitchen expanded our mission to serve individuals with Chronic Kidney Disease. The purpose of the pilot is to prove our medically tailored meals (MTM) and an individualized medical nutrition therapy intervention can improve health care outcomes and reduce health care costs in only 3 months.
- Diagnosis of Chronic Kidney Disease – Stages 3 or 4 OR started dialysis less than 1 year ago
- Unable to physically or mentally prepare meals
- Live in San Diego County
- Persons who are living in a facility that provides more than seven (7) meals per week to residents.
- Persons with limited physical, cognitive, or behavioral abilities that would interfere with their ability to follow up with a finding as determined by their ability to receive the MTM services and follow up with survey interviews.
- Persons with anticipated life expectancy of less than a year.
- Persons with severe food allergies.
How to refer people
Individuals must be referred by a medical case manager, medical social worker or provider. Additionally, the referral form must be signed by a provider.
- Chronic Kidney Disease Nutrition Program Referral Form: Once completed, fax it to us at 619.233.6283. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
For More Information
For further information about how to qualify for services visit our Get Help page or contact our Client Services team at 619.314.5789, or email them at email@example.com.
Mama’s Kitchen, Inc. is a San Diego nonprofit, tax exempt 501(c)3 charity organization.