Mama’s Kitchen in collaboration with members of the California Food is Medicine Coalition launched a pilot program for people with Congestive Heart Failure. The purpose of the pilot is to prove our medically tailored meals (MTM) and an individualized medical nutrition therapy intervention can improve health care outcomes and reduce health care costs in only 12 weeks.
We are looking for additional healthcare partners and eligible individuals throughout San Diego County.
- Enrollment in full scope, no cost Medi-Cal
- Hospitalized in the last 12 months due to congestive heart failure (see specific ICD-10 codes listed on the referral form)
- Visited primary care doctor or specialist in the last 12 months
- Live in San Diego County
- Individuals with advanced kidney disease
- Persons who are living in a facility that provides more than seven (7) meals per week to residents.
- Persons with limited physical, cognitive, or behavioral abilities that would interfere with their ability to follow up with a finding as determined by their ability to receive the MTM services and follow up with survey interviews.
- Persons with anticipated life expectancy of less than a year.
- Persons with severe food allergies.
How to refer people
Individuals must be referred by a medical case manager, medical social worker or provider. Additionally, the referral form must be signed by a provider.
- Click here to download a referral form. Once completed, fax it to us at 619.233.6262. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions
For More Information
Contact: Kristine Stensberg
Director of Nutrition Services
Mama’s Kitchen, Inc. is a San Diego nonprofit, tax exempt 501(c)3 charity organization.