In 2019, Mama’s Kitchen expanded our mission to serve individuals with Type 2 Diabetes. The purpose of the pilot is to prove our medically tailored meals (MTM) and an individualized medical nutrition therapy intervention can improve health care outcomes and reduce health care costs in only 6 months.
- Recent AIC level of 8 or higher
- Income less than $3,120 per month
- Live in San Diego County
- Individuals with advanced kidney disease
- Persons who are living in a facility that provides more than seven (7) meals per week to residents.
- Persons with limited physical, cognitive, or behavioral abilities that would interfere with their ability to follow up with a finding as determined by their ability to receive the MTM services and follow up with survey interviews.
- Persons with anticipated life expectancy of less than a year.
- Persons with severe food allergies.
How to refer people
Individuals must be referred by a medical case manager, medical social worker or provider. Additionally, the referral form must be signed by a provider.
- Click here to download a diabetes referral form. Once completed, fax it to us at 619.233.6283. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions
Contact: Kristine Stensberg
Director of Nutrition Services
Mama’s Kitchen, Inc. is a San Diego nonprofit, tax exempt 501(c)3 charity organization.